"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

Our journey toward a more focused, simplified, intentional life. A life refocused on the eternal instead of the temporary.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Slow Down

I have to admit it...I thought it would be easier to count the gifts.  I thought that once I started I wouldn't be able to stop and my list would just grow longer and longer until I saw nothing but the gifts.  But it turns out it's not as easy as it sounds.  It's not easy to see the gifts when you are always busy, when life moves so fast.  And, really, does life need to move so fast?  Where is the joy in the constantly running and moving and trying to get things done?  It seems one could enjoy life more if one were able to just slow down.  And, so, this week I want to make a conscious effort to slow down.  To take in each moment.  To see more clearly what has been given to me.  To take the time to enjoy life...enjoy the gift.

17. Joy on son's face after earning a reward, and eagerness to keep working towards the next goal.
18. Younger son using the computer.
19. "Mama, I want a hug and kiss!"  Sweet, sweet words.
20. Sunshine and warmth, day spent outside.
21. Smell of fire warming our home.
22. Bible study friends and conversations.
23. Nena always helpful and willing to watch my crazy ones.
24. Internet not working.
25. Words inspiring and encouraging shown to me exactly when I need them.
26. Walking in on child doing exactly as he was told -- an unexpected surprise.
27. Husband returning home.
28. Afternoon spent with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment