"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

Our journey toward a more focused, simplified, intentional life. A life refocused on the eternal instead of the temporary.

Friday, March 18, 2011

Current Project: The Master Bath

I have a home project that has been in limbo for about 6 months.  I began painting and had grand plans to get it finished and decorated, and it just hasn't happened yet.  As far as making our home comfortable and inviting goes, it may seem like an area that doesn't  matter much.  I mean, it is just our master bathroom. The fact is, though, we spend much of our time in this room...it's where we are first thing in the morning and last thing before crawling into bed at night.  We are in and out of the room several times during the day.  And, it happens to not only be the master bath but also our laundry room, so I really do spend quite a bit of time there.  It needs painted, decorated, and organized to make it a more comfortable place to be.

Here are some before pictures:

Looking into the bathroom from the doorway:


Our black sink that never seems to stay clean, and the walls I painted nearly 6 months ago:



The shower...the new shower curtain did make it up, thanks to my hsuband's impatience with me!



The toilet:


The messy, unorganized closet where all our dirty laundry, cleaning supplies, vacuum/mop, etc., etc. goes.  Oh, and there are no doors on it:


The washer and dry are behind those folding doors:


I have been working on it over the last week.  The entire bathroom now has one coat of pain on it, and I've started the second coat.  In the coming days, I'll be finishing the second coat, organizing the closet and putting up the doors, and hopefully finding some thrifty ways to add some nice decor to the room.

Wish me luck...I'll post after pictures when it is complete (and hopefully that won't take another 6 months!)

No comments:

Post a Comment