"Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth." Colossians 3:2

Our journey toward a more focused, simplified, intentional life. A life refocused on the eternal instead of the temporary.

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sometimes I Forget

I started out a week ago now counting the gifts.  It seemed to come easily at first.  I'd write down one gift, and then another, my smile growing bigger with each gift I chose to see and receive.  The anxiety went away, the yelling at children ceased for a while, the calm and peace swept in and carried me away to a place where I enjoyed my children, my home, my entire day. 

But sometimes I forget.  I forget the peaceful, happy, joyful moments, and I'm back to feeling anxious over all that needs done, to yelling at my children when they don't behave the way I'd like them to, to rushing around last minute trying to make it here or there on time.

Sometimes I forget.

I want to never forget.  I want to be reminded always.  I want to have joyful...no not just joyful but joy-full...days, countless days filled with joy, peace, laughter, smiles.  I want the joy of seeing the gifts in the here and now to always be fresh in my mind, a constant reminder of the everyday blessings God has given me.

Yesterday I forgot, even after writing a post full of thanksgiving, I still forgot.  And so, today, I begin again.  Slowing down, taking everything in, looking for and receiving the gifts God has for me today.

Father, help me not to forget.  Keep fresh in my mind the joy thanksgiving brings.  Help me to see the gifts you've brought me today, so that I may receive and give thanks and worship you.  Help me never to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment